Monday 25 May 2015

First lesson (I mean post...)

So, hey everyone - first post jitters.
I'm a local music teacher, and after 4 years (I can't believe it's taken me this long!), I thought I'd start a blog, if only for my own amusement, of the secret life of a music teacher - sort of like an online diary - which I guess a blog is anyway...
I have lots of lovely pupils, who all do and say lots of funny things, so, I thought I'd jot them all down - it might provide entertainment for some, others may be able to empathise, and if noone at all reads it, then it means I won't forget!

So today (Bank holiday Monday) - I was surprised to have two people wanting lessons, however, today came and an email popped through from one of my newest pupils - ''Sorry can we reschedule to next Monday, very busy time at the moment etcetc''. Fine by me - extended lie in, and means I'll get a chance to do some work before my next lesson.

Next lesson comes - and this is one where I actually teach at his house (mansion) - and because he's a beginner he'd asked me to buy him some stickers that he can stick on the piano and it'll help him learn the notes - not sure how useful they'll be, but I'll guess we'll find out! So I arrive with the stickers, and the mildly ambitious piece he's decided he'd like to learn (Maple Leaf Rag - Scott Joplin) - only to find him outside working on one of the cars. Hmm. Judging by the look of surprise on his face, I don't think he was expecting me...so, that was the second lesson cancelled. However I did get a huge sorry and hug to make up for the wasted journey - so I guess I'll just have to hope he doesn't forget Wednesday's lesson now!




I hope you guys enjoy my first post - the lone few of my friends who I will actually force to read it! It'll probably take me a while to get into the zone of ''blogging'' - but bear with and I'll try to make sense of all these muddled events - I'm thinking the next post should be a list of all my pupils so you guys can get to know them, and hopefully won't get too confused from lesson to lesson!

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment